The route is a simple as possible, with only five intermediate controls. It follows mostly quiet rural roads.
Starting from Honiton, it follows the old A30 through Exeter all the way to Okehampton town centre. Leaving the town via North St, it follows the B3217 through Exbourne, Iddesleigh and High Bickington before joining the A377 into Barnstaple and another cafe control. From Barnstaple the route heads East on old roads through Swimbridge to South Molton, then joins the B3227, the old North Devon road, to Wiveliscombe.
It's a free control here, though the White Hart, on the left, is recommended. Leaving 'Wivvy' the route goes through Halse and Bishops Lydeard then over the Quantocks, through Bridgwater, and on to Cheddar. From there, heading due South on lanes across the Somerset Levels via Wedmore, Westhay and Langport, you cross the A303 to a final control near South Petherton. Finally, heading West again, you'll go through Ilminster to eventually join the A30 through Yarcombe, and eventually the old coach road back to Honiton. Download and read the routesheet even if you're using gps to navigate.
- Honiton (start)
- Okehampton town centre (Wetherspoon's White Hart on the left by the lights, Waitrose right at the lights)
- Barnstaple (Station Master's Cafe, Costa, Bike Shed cafe)
- Wiveliscombe (Co-op in centre)
- Cheddar (Pubs, shops in town centre)
- South Petherton (24hr garage)
- Honiton (finish) (Pubs & shops, BP 24hr garage west-end of town)